I’m powerless to resist ice cream. That’s why I devised a super-simple, super-satisfying recipe for home ice cream makers that uses coconut milk and oil… instead of milk and heavy cream. The verdict? Delicious.
(Makes a little over 1 pint.)
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk (400 mL)
- ½ cup coconut oil (120 mL)
- ½ cup raw sugar (110 g)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (1.5 g)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (3 mL)
- ½ tsp mint extract (3 mL)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (50-60 g)
1. Put all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a blender or food processor, then put in the refrigerator until chilled.
2. 10 minutes before serving, pour the mix into a standard ice cream maker. (Yes, I have no willpower or self-respect; this is what I bought.)
3. If you have a food processor or all-purpose coffee grinder, give the chocolate chips a couple quick zaps to pulverize them. Once your ice cream is visibly almost ready, add the chips.
Believe me: I could write more about the process, or the benefits of coconut oil in your diet, but that’d only keep you from eating ice cream sooner. You’re welcome.
Pingback: Pure Mint Extract | The Crunchy Urbanite·